Monday, April 26, 2010

the wheel

With this precision-ism piece we had to go for the more industrial rather then the natural, which I usually don't gravitate to, however the simplicity of a bike wheel enticed me.
I found the straight lines at first frustrating but after a while I got the hang of it, not saying that my lines are even that straight but still I feel that I can actually do much straighter lines then I could before.
I did a border to make the viewer feel zoomed into the piece, fading out everything else. I don't think any other color could have sufficed for this either, blue was a must.
Comments welcome.

7 comments:

  1. I really like the color scheme and the shadow of the wheel :) good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like your design and how you chose to do the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors, and the drop shadow is pretty much awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen this is my favorite piece you have done this year. You really captured the precisionism style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the shadow capture more than the subject itself, Nice job Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your color choices and shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. jenn this piece is almost as sensational as your voice HAHA anyways fantastic job the drop shadow is genius :) fabulous job girl!

    ReplyDelete